Safety is a top priority at Rea, and we’re proud of our history of excellence in this area. Our commitment to a safe work environment extends from our Board of Directors to every individual who enters a Rea facility.
A significant amount of capital continues to be invested across all of our North American plants for the improvement of engineered safety solutions. These investments continue to shape and improve our working environment. However, we not only invest in safer conditions, we continue to invest in cultural and behavioral-based solutions that advance our commitment to a safer workplace.
As we drive towards our goal of zero safety incidents, we are reaching new milestones on the way.
• Company record set for the 2nd consecutive year, lowest 12 month average recordable incident rate in 2015
• Company record for days worked without a recordable set in 2015
• Company record for months worked without a Lost Time – over 10 months and counting
• Osceola, AR plant record for days worked without a recordable – over 3 years and counting
• Guilford, CT plant record for days worked without a recordable – over 2 years and counting
• Fort Wayne, IN plant record for days worked without a Lost Time – over 1 year and counting
These professional achievements reflect our commitment to provide a safe work environment. Like the quality assurance process, safety requires tremendous attention to detail by all of our employees. As we move forward, we pledge a continued level of support and focus on this worthwhile endeavor.
When it comes to safety, there is no finish line. We just continue to drive toward zero safety incidents.
Brian Bolinger, Director of Corporate Health and Safety, Rea Magnet Wire