Position: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Quality/OpX Manager
Responsible for operating and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) coordinating and executing plans to maintain an ISO / IATF certified quality system within the plant. Coordinates and performs Rea Magnet Wire Quality Assurance activities with the goal of control and standardization of approaches across all manufacturing areas by providing the necessary expertise to support the company’s efforts in attaining superior product quality. Supports and facilitates solving manufacturing and quality issues and taking an active role in the development and implementation of improvements by demonstrating a full cooperation with the manufacturing plant personnel down to the operator level as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads in the development, and implementation of policies and procedures for the company, writing procedures and processes to support the QMS development.
2. Leads in the design, development, and implementation of quality systems, databases, and data retrieval systems in accordance with ISO and IATF quality system standards.
3. Leads the certification process and internal audit process for compliance with and maintenance of the company ISO / IATF registration.
4. Participates and supports activities involving compliance with applicable regulatory, statutory, and customer specific requirements.
5. Assists in the development of and conducts implementation of training modules and programs championing the Quality Management System.
6. Collaborates with manufacturing plant teams in the development of quality and productivity improvements, facilitates and leads improvement activities, supports engineering efforts that relate to quality improvement and provides leadership in the area of problem solving and continuous improvement.
7. Reviews plant quality performance and informs appropriate management personnel of progress and results.
8. Benchmarks external quality system implementations to improve process and procedures of the quality system.
9. Supports and implements various tasks, projects, and actions in support of the Company Strategic Plan.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Six Sigma certification and ASQ certification preferred. Certified ISO/IATF Lead Auditor.
Experience in leading a facility through an ISO/IATF certification process.
Five (5) years of quality engineering experience.
Knowledge and experience of ISO / IATF quality systems, preferred RAB Lead Auditor certification.
Ability to use statistical software (i.e. Minitab, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Sharepoint.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Suzi Eberle (firstname.lastname@example.org)