Position: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Purchasing Supervisor
Department: Supply Chain
Creates purchase orders for acquisition of materials. Researches, interviews and negotiates with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications. Oversees storeroom levels. Provides routine administrative support. Performs cycle counts on finished goods, raw material and storeroom items to ensure compliance with internal control procedures and maintains accurate record keeping and locations. Maintains storeroom inventory to desired levels and receives storeroom materials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintains inventory and coordinates delivery schedules and releases for packaging supplies.
- Purchases repair and maintenance materials, capital materials, operating supplies and services necessary for the operation/maintenance of the facility.
- Conducts cost/service comparisons to assure the most cost effective expenditures of company funds.
- Functions as contact to suppliers for routine purchases of materials.
- Maintains purchasing system integrity, records and paperwork process.
- Generates purchase orders and maintains accuracy of computer system and purchasing files.
- Generates and issue purchasing reports.
- Expedites material acquisitions and follow-up on delinquent orders. Advises supervisors of supplier’s problems.
- Evaluates, resolves and minimizes corporate accounting invoice discrepancies.
- Maintains a weekly Packaging inventory.
- Maintains and updates current and accurate reports of inventory and delivery schedules of enamels and packaging supplies.
- Maintains and controls accuracy of the store’s inventory system.
- Runs, evaluates and distributes reports of store transactions, usage and stocking levels.
- Establishes and maintains functional and cost effective inventory system, including adding and deleting inventories as necessary.
- Conducts physical inventories as needed, cycle count of storeroom annually.
- Performs cycle counts on finished goods, raw material and storeroom items as designated.
- Identifies materials/supplies needed to maintain adequate storeroom inventory.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED; Associate’ degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in purchasing procedures, inventory control and computer applications and operations with ability to work within word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to use MicroSoft Office and MFG-Pro.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Suzi Eberle (email@example.com).