Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Business Applications Manager
Department: Information Technology
Analyzes and develops system requirements, program specifications and new/updated applications to meet business needs for the company. Supports business applications with timely
resolutions focused on corrective and preventative measures to ensure exceptional customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the design, coding, system testing, documentation, user training, and the implementation of solutions in support of the company’s key objectives.
2. Collaborates with key business users to analyze, document and refine business systems requirements. Delivers enterprise-level, integrated system solutions that satisfy key business
requirements while maximizing standard usage of the company’s ERP and Supply Chain applications where appropriate.
3. Resolves Helpdesk tickets involving business applications or data related issues in a timely manner. Documents the resolution and any mistake proofing techniques aimed at reducing
the chance the issue is repeated. Recommends and/or develops and implements viable mistake-proofing measures wherever practical to reduce common, high volume issues.
4. Consults with key systems partners, other IT team members and outside resources for inclusion of best practices within the department. Works within established coding standards. Follows system development life cycle (SDLC) methodology or Agile methodology as dictated by the project.
5. Supports Rea’s integration initiatives by applying and extending existing technologies in new ways and learning new tools, techniques and sharing knowledge and expertise with the other
Applications Team members.
6. Assists and advises other IT personnel regarding the Helpdesk issues, system changes, software changes, and business rules.
7. Assumes responsibilities of “on-call” for technical support when required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, Math or equivalent amount of previous relevant experience.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written skills.
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C#, .Net, Java.
• Knowledge of database concepts and implementation using SQL, JDBC.
• U.S. Citizen.
• Knowledge of development on mobile platforms such as Apple IOS, Android.
• Experience with good design of user-interfaces and user-experience (UI/UX).
• Understanding of common software development methodologies including Agile and SDLC.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Susan Boyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)