Position: Operational Excellence Leader
Reports to: Quality/OpX Manager
Responsible for leading change and continuous improvement activities in the plant through application of OpX tools and training of project leaders. Supports and facilitates teams to meet Rea’s goals and objectives. Monitors, identifies, and drives projects focused on process and quality within the facility. Maintains the Plant Operational Excellence (OpX) records and metric systems. Is recognized by peers as the plant leader for positive business change and a key leader of change in the entire Rea organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and drives change and continuous improvement through the OpX systems and tool application. Evaluates the OpX system to establish new goals and objectives. Recommends priorities for continuous improvement and coordinates such activities with management.
- Responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects as well as mentoring and coaching employees and green belts.
- May supervise direct reports or project leaders/team as assigned.
- Leads cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements and reducing process and product variation.
- Manages a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value.
- Supports and implements various tasks to improve Rea Wire quality, production methods, and business processes in support of the Rea Wire Strategic Plan.
- Develops and delivers training on OpX tools and applications. May coordinate and conduct OpX training and education across all levels of the organization.
- Leads, guides, and develops OpX compliance on performance assessments conducted by Corporate OpX Leadership team.
- Maintains and updates OpX records and metrics systems for the plant operations.
- Performs individual assignments as directed by management; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the plant teams, the Company and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Analyzes plant process performance. Suggests and implements actions to drive continuous improvement using manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures, including Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
• Six Sigma Green Belt
• Five (5) years of production or manufacturing experience with a continuous improvement focus
• In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement methods and applications
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook); statistical software (Minitab)
• Experience with ISO 9001:2015 requirements and procedures
• People oriented and comfortable working on the plant floor
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Deals well with Ambiguity and has a strong Customer Focus
• Travel up to 25%
• Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
• Lean Manufacturing Certification
• Magnet Wire experience with continuous improvement focus
• IATF16949 experience
Qualified applicants may submit resume to April Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org).