Position: National Account Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Director of Sales
Develops and manages a sales program for a specific segment of small, medium or large customers. Develops and manages a plan to maximize pounds sold and profitability by calling upon the headquarters and its related manufacturing locations. Manages project timeline and expectations between Rea and customer base. Primary sales call responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and manages sales, quality, product enhancement or cost savings projects between REA and customer base identifying timeline, critical paths, bottlenecks and end results with dates.
- Makes sales calls and develops objectives (introduction, rapport, product, pounds, profitability, etc.) for national accounts or market segments. Develops rapport and technical competencies at both headquarters and manufacturing locations in the areas of senior management, purchasing, engineering, product development, manufacturing, quality assurance, etc.
- Communicates, facilitates or initiates any program development, quality issues, etc. for material between our customer’s product and program requirements.
- Establishes monthly and annual sales pounds and profitability objectives by account location. Reviews progress monthly with management and develops action plans.
- Responsible for the development of the customer’s product forecast and its communication process.
- Maintains ARE (Annual Requirements Estimate) report current by customer, total pounds purchased, competition (strength/weaknesses), percent purchased and any competitive activity by customer location.
- Understands market and account trends/plans for new product development/design, model enhancements, “goto-market” plans, plant closures or relocations, manufacturing process issues or planned improvements, effects of import/export, organizational structure and changes, competitors and relative position to each other, short and long term strategies, mergers and acquisitions, etc., for assigned accounts.
- In conjunction with Marketing, develops analytical reports covering overall profitability of an account, specific location, insulation type, etc. and interprets the specific account’s number to other related accounts. Assists with the development of related reports (dashboard), which give a clear picture regarding performance, quality, etc.
- Facilitates “proactive engineering” programs into specific customers utilizing Rea manufacturing support personnel. Communicates the program’s progress back to the appropriate customer’s headquarters.
- Principal contract negotiator for assigned customers for pricing and volume requirements. Understands profitability reports; develops RFQ pricing, terms and conditions and communicates with assigned customers. Assists with customer’s RFQ logic, pricing and its relationship to overall market.
- Attends industry shows/seminars.
- Resolves quality complaints, corrective actions, product failure analysis, return analysis, etc. and assists with
invoice and receivable/collection discrepancies.
- Develops criteria/listing of customers who fit the market definition (i.e. motors/transformers/electromechanical, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
Seven (7) years of management experience in sales, marketing, or engineering.
Knowledge of technical problems associated with Magnet Wire and/or Electromechanical and its application.
Ability to work with and motivate customers.
Excellent communication, negotiations, and computer skills.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Susan Boyd (firstname.lastname@example.org).