Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: New Haven Avenue
Reports to: Maintenance
Safely and efficiently performs needed repairs on equipment as assigned. Follows Company safety policies, including lockout/tagout/tryout, arc flash PPE/procedures, hot work, confined space and fall protection. Uses manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other resources to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Follows all safety policies and procedures, including lockout/tagout/tryout, arc flash PPE and arc flash procedures, hot work, confined space and fall protection.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and electronics on production and support equipment.
3. Performs basic mechanical functions, including changing arbors, edge roll cartridges, turksheads, flyer heads, clutches, payoff brakes, takeups, changing cam followers (hardeners), greases machines, fills hydraulics, uses shop equipment, repairs and maintains brazers, repairs and maintains portables, pull burners, clean spray jets, change annealer seals, repair choppers, changes rewinds spindles/arbors, troubleshoots and repairs conveyors and coilers, basic knowledge of solution systems and varnish systems, air compressors, cooling towers and other infrastructure. Changes applicators, drops and varnish system changes, repairs paper heads and payoff cages.
4. Properly utilizes the maintenance work order system.
5. Operates motorized equipment including forklifts, Genie boom and scissors lift.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical safety practices, including lockout/tagout/tryout, arc flash PPE requirements and procedures, hot work, confined space and fall protection.
• Troubleshooting of electrical and electronic equipment required.
• Reading and comprehension skills required; ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to adjust to changes in equipment and tools and modification to existing equipment.
• Ability to operate power equipment, including forklifts and pallet carts.
• 2+ years of electrical and electronic troubleshooting and repair experience in an industrial environment.
• Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to perform mechanical repairs.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to email@example.com.
Rea Magnet Wire is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Vet/Disability employer.