Position: Supervisor, Production (Shift)
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervises: GL’s, Operators, Utilities, EH
Directs effective and safe use of equipment to meet production schedules, including enameling and drawing, in a cost-effective manner. Motivates subordinates to work together to maintain a high level of productivity. Determines and implements continuous improvements in manufacturing to exceed customers’ quality expectations. Responsible for safety, security and production issues plant-wide on the shift.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership to ensure a work environment that is safe and free from hazards and promotes safe work behaviors. Conduct safety shares and safety audits. Assure that safety items are responded to in a timely manner.
2. Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules and reporting results of the process flow on shift production summaries.
3. Maintain work flow by monitoring all steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; studying methods; implementing cost reductions and facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
4. Maintain a high level of employee morale and employee participation. Fosters a spirit of cooperation with and between departments.
5. Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data.
6. Assure that products are manufactured to meet or exceed our customer’s quality specifications.
7. Resolve quality issues in a timely manner utilizing systematic problem solving methods to determine root cause.
8. Maintain appropriate manning levels with a focus on training new employees and providing shift wide cross training.
9. Develop a work force that is customer-focused, tam-based and driven by continuous improvement.
10. Coach, counsel and discipline employees using policies and procedures in a fair and consistent method.
11. Participate in plant projects to help achieve plant objectives and goals.
12. All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED supplemented by advanced leadership training or education
Three or more years of related operational experience including supervision, leadership, and training
Willingness to work in a 24 hour operation including weekends and holidays and shift changes
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Proficiency with personal computers required including Microsoft Office Suite
• Degree in related field
• Six-Sigma Certification
• MFG Pro
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Carole Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org)