Position: Fort Wayne Test Lab Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Director of Corporate Engineering
Supervises: 1-2 Direct Reports
Ensures equipment and resources are compliant with industry standards, will produce consistent reliable information for all laboratory customers, and are operated efficiently and effectively under a variety of time constraints. Manages the evaluation, collection and reporting of information on the ability and application of company products and competing products, as well as designing and developing products to support Rea’s critical initiatives. Works closely with Rea commercial, operations and quality teams and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management of the Fort Wayne Technical Lab and services and activities for analysis of plant samples, customer samples, product benchmarking, and calibration/maintenance of lab test
equipment. Provides leadership and supervision to lab personnel reporting to the position. Administers Company policy and keeps employees informed of Company activities and problems.
Proposes operating budgets and product specification/standards.
2. Performs testing, analysis of results and report generation function for Rea customers, internal and external. Is the key resource in a variety of magnet wire concepts, testing procedures, test
equipment, practices, and procedures.
3. Monitors all equipment and procedures to be in accordance to industry standards (NEMA, IEC, JIS, etc) and provides reporting such that every piece of equipment and procedure’s capability is fully understood by the organization.
4. Demonstrates improvements using appropriate statistical tools and develops/requires effective production procedures and controls to efficiently manufacture products as developed.
5. Manages product development teams and projects to support critical initiatives ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. Performs a variety of complex tasks and projects utilizing project management tools and techniques.
6. Implements action plans pertaining to Safety and Health improvements in lab environment.
7. Supports other projects within Corporate Technology as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
Seven (7) years of non-ferrous metals and/or polymer engineering experience focused toward applications. Three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge of UL requirements, ASTM test methods, and NEMA/IEC test methods preferred.
Knowledge of magnet wire products and applications preferred.
Strong analytical and project management skills.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Susan Boyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)