Position: AR Administrator
Location: Fort Wayne
Reports to: Credit Manager
Responsible for updating accounts receivable records through the daily application of customer payments and application of various adjustments. Balance accounts receivable activities to GL billing and cash records. Provide administrative support to the credit and collection function. Input invoice information via web portal for customers that require web invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and timely apply all customer payments received on a daily basis. Also will enter miscellaneous adjustments to clear items from customers’ accounts when necessary.
- Input invoice information on customer invoicing web sites for those customers that require web invoicing.
- Provide administrative assistance for Credit Manager by requesting proof of deliveries, reply to requests for customer credit references, etc.
- Make collection calls on all scrap customers along with other customers as assigned by Credit Manager.
- Provide assistance with resolving account variances, short payments, and unapplied items. Customer contact may be required to determine what is being paid or it may be necessary to advise the sales department and other credit personnel that incorrect payments are being made. Contact with banks may be necessary as well when addressing issues related to Supply Chain Financing customers.
- Verify the validity of new vendors and new address’s for existing vendors. Release vendor payment holds in MFG Pro once address is verified and a new W-9 is received.
- Distribution of monthly statements to all customers, Month end GL reconciliation along with incoming cash reconciliation, Filing cash receipts and manual A/R adjustments along with reviewing all manual billing adjustments and credits against customers A/R.
- Work with external auditors and provide all necessary documents when requested.
- Primary back-up for our billing and pricing administrator.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent amount of relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two (2) years of accounts receivable experience.
Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
Working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Kris Coak (email@example.com)