Corporate Internal Auditor – Fort Wayne, IN (Posted 2/3/14)
Conducts audit projects for the Company. Reviews, tests, and evaluates internal controls and accounting procedures. Verifies accuracy of accounts to protect Company from losses caused by inefficiency or fraud. Provides recommendations for improvements. Ensures compliance to Company policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working with Audit Committee, design and implement comprehensive risk-based audit plan to evaluate effectiveness of controls, insure the integrity of and reliability of financial and non-financial information, safeguard Company assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
2. Evaluate the Company’s system of internal controls to ensure it is functioning as planned and that it is updated as necessary to meet changes in operating conditions. Proactively promote effective internal controls to mitigate the risk of fraud and error.
3. Plan, coordinate and carryout audit plan to include all areas and locations of the Company in accordance with professional standards.
4. Report the results of audits to senior management and the Audit Committee. Reports to include recommendations for corrective actions and ways to improve controls and procedures. Review and record actions taken by management to correct conditions reported as audit findings and determine that such actions are appropriate.
5. Perform special audits or investigations at the request of CEO or Audit Committee.
6. Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and GAAP.
7. Participate in all Audit Committee meetings.
8. Coordinate internal audit efforts with those of the Company’s external auditors.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or CIA preferred.
Three to five years experience in public accounting or internal auditing of manufacturing companies.
Knowledge of COSO Internal Control Framework and Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
Exceptional project management skills.
Able to work well under pressure.
Travel 30% to North American and/or China operations
Metallurgical Engineer – Lafayette, IN (Re-Posted 10/28/13)
Provides technical and engineering expertise for drawing, rolling, annealing, metal recovery, and liquid metal processes. Provides leadership in developing and maintaining copper and aluminum rod quality. Leads project teams and conducts tests on copper and aluminum rod and analyzes quality data. Leads project teams to evaluate, develop, implement, and oversee operations of new metal forming processes, including conform, continuous casting, and upcast. Leads teams to develop and validate cost saving opportunities on copper and aluminum rod. Works with suppliers to ensure the highest quality and most economical copper and aluminum rod for the magnet wire production process. Assists plants in solving quality and manufacturing problems associated with conductor metals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, implements, and ensures utilization of metallurgical methods, procedures and specifications for raw materials, processing materials, finished products and equipment operation in manufacturing operations. Leads and participates in the development, design, and selection of process and control equipment.
2. Develops and executes metallurgical projects to control scrap, improve the manufacturing process, improve product quality, and reduce costs.
3. Provides technical and engineering leadership for copper and aluminum rod quality and vendor approval to North American magnet wire plants.
4. Provides process development and design leadership for new metal drawing/forming methods, including conform, continuous casting, and upcast along with metal recovery methods.
5. Works with suppliers on improving the quality of copper and aluminum bare rod in support of the magnet wire production process. Identifies and analyzes other potential sources of copper and aluminum bare rod.
6. Tests and evaluates core properties of copper and aluminum rod to ensure raw materials are suitable for the magnet wire production process.
7. Provides process engineering expertise for the improvement of drawing, rolling, conforming, continuous casting, and upcasting processes in an effort to attain highest quality conductor product for customers.
8. Provides leadership and expertise for product testing on metals to North American and International plant locations.
9. Supports and implements various tasks, projects, and actions in support of the Company Strategic Plan.
10. Leads and participates in Safety, Six Sigma and Lean team activities.
Master’s degree in Metallurgy or Material Sciences. PhD degree preferred.
Six Sigma Green Belt training. Lean Manufacturing training.
Three (3)+ years of metallurgy experience with an emphasis in copper and aluminum rod drawing, forming, rolling, continuous casting, etc and/or magnet wire experience.
Knowledge of core metal properties of copper/aluminum along with liquid metal chemistry/processing.
Ability to use statistical software (i.e. Minitab, etc.) and MicroSoft Office.
Domestic Travel (25%) and International Travel (10%)